Congrats_SA_-Dev_Squad_-2015-16.pdf for more details.
South Port SLSC Latest Newflash
Latest newsflashes for Club members and non-members. To include Members Only News, please register & login
South Port SLSC Inc. SA is proud to announce the introduction of its new Starfish Program.
It is based around SLSA (Surf Life Saving Australia) Nipper Program and is focused on children with special needs.
We hope you can attend :)
Please click on the link for further information.
Congratulations to our new Quallies! We look forward to you helping keep our beach a safer place.
South Port SLSC is pleased to announce that we will be running the Starfish Nipper program for children with special needs.
For this program to be successful we require some dedicated volunteers who will be available on Saturdays.
An information session for volunteers will be held at the club on:
Saturday November 21st at 10am
If you are interested please contact Abbey Lindley via firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you can not make the meeting, but you are still interested in volunteering please let Abbey know.
This is an exciting time for all Surf Sports Athletes. SLSSA have recognised that to provide athletes with the best possible opportunity to perform well and be recognised at a National level, they need support and guidance.
SLSSA have partnered with Flinders University (FU), Flinders One Fitness and South Australian Aquatic and Leisure Centre (SAALC) to design and develop a program aimed at assisting surf sports athletes to be the best they can.
The academy has been designed to achieve several primary objectives, including:
- Recognise the past performances of athletes and provide them with ongoing assistance and support
- Encourage and motivate existing and aspiring HP athletes to aim for constant improvement
- To enhance the performances of SLSSA athletes at National competitions
- Increase the number of SA athletes winning medals at Australian Surf Life Saving Championships
- Increase the profile of Surf Sports athletes for personal, club and state benefit
- To complement the coaching athletes receive at club level
- To provide specialist training, education or services that may not be delivered at club level
- To provide athletes with access to current sporting education, technology and facilities
The academy will provide support to enhance not only the athlete’s daily training environment but also include components such as:
- Information and education on sports psychology, nutrition and hydration
- All aspects of training and competition recovery
- Access to support services to ensure athletes maintain a healthy, balanced lifestyle
- Planning training, post training, post racing, warm-ups etc.
- Video analysis of performance
- Testing and measuring performance
This is just the beginning of an exciting journey for all our athletes and we wish them the best in their commitment to the “Academy” and continual personal development.
Acceptance has been based on past performance results, commitment to training and assessment through personal interview to understand individual needs and future goals.
In total 20 athletes have been selected in Tier 1, and 19 athletes in Tier 2.
A list of athletes can be seen in the following table.
Congratulations to the inaugural members of the Surf Life Saving SA Surf Sports High Performance Academy:
Tier One Athletes
Tier Two Athletes
The first gathering of all athletes and supporting partners will be held at Moana SLSC on Sunday October 18, 2015 from 1pm. The group will be addressed by SLSSA CEO Clare Harris and Ironman Champion Phil Clayton. They will then join Phil for a short training and mentoring session.
WATCH: ABC SA Local News article
Hello South Port SLSC Nippers and families, Welcome to Season 2015/16.
Saturday Nipper Training starts this week!
17th October 2015
- Under 6/7’s 2:00pm to 3:45pm
- Under 8’s – Under 14’s 2:00pm to 4:15pm
Weekly Presentations on the deck at 4:30pm
Please arrive for 1:30pm as parents will be required to sign in before training commences.
Please gather under the tent by 1:45pm to be able to begin training at 2:00pm sharp.
What to bring to the beach on Saturdays:
- High-vis vest (NO VEST=LONG REST)
- Long Sleeve Protective Top
- Wide-Brimmed Protective Hat
- Sun Block (please ensure applied to children before arrival on beach)
- Goggles (optional)
- Water (please no other drinks)
Age Group Managers will have tubs for water. Please bring a bag for all other items.
Looking forward to a great season on the beach! See you all on Saturday!
DOWNLOAD this info: SPSLSC-Saturday-Training-Notice-2015-16.pdf
Due to the renovations of the awesome new kitchen we'll have soon, we currently don't have the facilities to store or prepare food or wash up after, therefore if you are coming down this Saturday to the open day and sticking around for the live music, we invite you to bring a platter of food or whatever takes your fancy. Remember we don't have a fridge so bring an esky or cooler bag to keep anything that you may need cold.
NO BYO drinks, bar will be open as per usual.
Looking forward to another fantastic day with you all in the 26 degrees sunny day smile emoticon