We are incredibly lucky to have a Junior Panel whose sole purpose is to ensure that our Junior Members learn to love the beach as much as we do and understand the importance of Surf Lifesaving.
The organisational structure can be found HERE
- Junior Chairperson – ensure key dates for season are met; prepare minutes from Junior Panel meetings; present financial budgets for Juniors; communicate between Junior Panel and Board of Management (BOM).
- Junior Administrator – work with AGMs and assistance to collate information and distribute programs and results; responsible for nominations and payments for competition events; manages events systems for junior activities; oversee State nominations in consultation with selection panel; monitor proficiencies, surf-ed and patrol hours of juniors; collate and record data for junior awards; be aware of SLSSA Youth Development Panel activities; ensure calendar dates are set; organise yearbook and trophies for presentation day; communicate with members regarding carnivals and training times.
- Junior Registrar – collation of all documentation related to nipper registrations; ensure all junior members are paid and registered on Surf Guard; ensure new members are insured; monitor police clearances for any person involved in Junior Club activities.
- Junior Coach – maintain and improve kids’ skills, techniques and fitness; set junior training times; responsible for Age Group Managers and assistants; provide clear direction to coaches and coordinators on junior activities and programs; provide parents and nippers with relevant information at Saturday training; assess surf conditions and WHS in consultation with patrol captains.
- Junior Social and Promotion Officers – develop calendar of specific events for juniors and work with Club Promotions Officer for Club activities; arrange junior advertising/publication; organising and coordinating fundraising activities; assist with Club Sponsorship.
Full Job Descriptions are available in Members Only area HERE
Remember effective communication is key
- Website is our most used resource.
- Join our FaceBook Pages (South Port SLSC main one),
- Register with us on TeamApp
- Check the Club notice board for any updates/information and;
- Make sure you arrive early on Saturdays to hear any general updates.
If you have any enquiries please direct them to one of the Panel, who will only be too happy to be of assistance.